What is nutritional therapy?
I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and a GAPS™ Practitioner. Nutritional therapy is the application of nutrition science and the performing of a Functional Evaluation in order to make nutritional recommendations to balance body chemistry and achieve optimal wellness. Nutritional Therapy works to identify any deficiencies or imbalances that may be keeping you from optimal health. By focusing on the foundations of health, it works to improve the assimilation of nutrients you consume and, therefore, enables your body to heal and function in the way it was meant to.
As a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, my role is to work with you as your health partner so you can reach your goals and feel your best. Accountability is a powerful motivator and studies show that being accountable increases the success rates in health-related goals. Nutritional Therapy respects each person’s bio-individuality, and each plan is unique to your lifestyle, needs and goals.
Nutritional Therapy is NOT a replacement for medical advice (Nutritional Therapists do not diagnose or treat disease). However, a Nutritional Therapist will frequently work alongside other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to support the foundations of overall health through dietary changes.
Private nutrition consulting is excellent for finally healing underlying issues of unbearable symptoms – so you can get rid of them for good.
Nutritional therapy is great for people who are struggling with:
- Bloating and digestive distress
- Excess weight
- Feeling confused/overwhelmed/struggling with food choices, and yet want confidence to get on with life
- A history of getting sucked into quick fixes and yo-yo dieting
- The transition to improving their nutrition through strategic eating (not dieting) with Real Food (not expensive supplements)
- A lack time, or are feeling overwhelmed yet want to improve their health
- Also great for adults and children (any age) who wish to learn how to cook!
Benefits of nutritional therapy include:
- More energy
- Better moods
- Happier family environment
- Less overwhelm from symptoms, and everything it takes to heal (because I’ll be there to lighten the load)
- Clarity around what’s really going on in your body
I have different services available, depending on your needs:
Let’s face it, kids (especially older ones) are generally more open learning from someone other than mom or dad. Want them to get interested in cooking using bodybuilding, brain making, ingredients? I show them how, hands-on and explain how each ingredient and dish can make them stronger, smarter and healthier from healthy snacks/desserts to easy meals.
Have a student heading off to college? In just a short amount of time, your young adult child will learn how to plan a simple weeks menu full of nutritious foods that will help them feel great and look great! They’ll learn a few basic facts; such as, the importance of healthy fats, proteins, vegetables and hydration while they prepare food that looks great and tastes great.
Benefits with kids in the kitchen cooking class
- Cultivate an appreciation for real ingredients
- Develop confidence in the kitchen
- Become a “pro” with a few recipes under your belt
- Practice good timing
- Build math skills
- See chemistry in action
- Appreciate the Chef
- Time to talk
- Learn the importance of Kitchen Safety
- Helping out feels good
$95/hour (3 hours minimum, up to 3 people)
*Families with greater than 2 children, please contact me for custom rates
FREE 20-MINUTE CONSULTATION
I offer a personalized and private nutrition consultation to help you achieve your total wellness goals. Call 415.326.8888 today for a free 20-minute consultation, or fill out and submit the form below and Lisa will contact you within 24-48 hours.